- 1 How to do Off-page SEO
- 1.1 Importance of Off-page SEO
- 1.2 Benefits of Off-page SEO to website owners
- 1.3 Link Building
- 1.4 How to get other sites to link you
- 1.5 Different types of links
- 1.6 List of top off page SEO technique
- 1.7 Image Submission Site
- 1.8 Article Submission
- 1.9 Video Submission
- 1.10 PPT Submission
- 1.11 Event Posting
- 1.12 Business Listing
- 1.13 Directory Submission
- 1.14 Job Posting
- 1.15 Guest Posting
- 1.16 Forum Posting
- 1.17 Off-page SEO activities
- 1.18 Social media marketing
- 1.19 Social Bookmarking
- 1.20 Conclusion
How to do Off-page SEO
Everyone Wants that his website must be on the Top of Google. But Very Few Know’s How? Here, We are providing you some Off-page SEO tutorial in which we are going to study “how to do off-page SEO?”.
Off-page SEO is also called Off-site SEO. It refers to the activities which you are able to perform outside the boundaries of your website. In simple words, it refers to the technique that is used to improve the position of a website in the Search Engine Results Page (SERPs).
Off-site SEO is not just about links, it is much deeper than that. It is observed by many researchers that website owners spend 20% of the time in building their Off-page factors and 80% of their time in creating On-page while newcomers do vice versa.
This basically helps Google in knowing what others think about your site. For example, If you have got valuable links pointing towards your page, then the search engine will assume that you have got some great content.
Sighting an example, it is like having a great shop in a community but no one likes to visit your shop as they have heard from others that your shop does not have a collection of good clothes.
Basically, we do the Off Page SEO Link Building to promote the work that we have done On our website. I think that now it must be clear to you that what is off page SEO and how to do off-page SEO.
So, let’s learn about why it is important for a website to create off-page SEO for WordPress Blog?
Importance of Off-page SEO
Off-page SEO is important to rank your webpage online with the help of many backlinking Tricks. Some of the Best ways to create links are a use of quality content, sharing your links, and creating relationships to show your blog visible to search engine crawl bots and the Viewers.
Basically, it is important as you take actions outside your website to impact your rankings within the search engine results page.
Now, let’s learn about some benefits of Off-page SEO that can be enjoyed by the website owners.
Benefits of Off-page SEO to website owners
Increase in rankings
If Off-page SEO is performed properly, then it helps to generate more traffic to the website and therefore impacts our ranking in the search engine results page.
Increase page rank
Page ranking refers to your recognition of your website in the eyes of Google. Offsite SEO helps Google to recognize you easily and rank you from 0 to 10 on the page if your page has good content.
Generating more exposure
Off-page SEO helps in increasing the exposure of your website and giving higher ranking to the page.
Before Going Forward lets have a Look on What is Link Building and How it helps you in ranking of Your Blog.
It is the most popular and effective off-page SEO method. In this basically, you are building external links to your website and you are trying to gather as many votes as you can, so that you can increase the traffic to your website. It helps to bypass your competitors and rank higher.
For example, if someone likes your article and shares it, then it is automatically telling the Google that you have a great content and therefore your link is building by itself as people are sharing your content in a large amount.
Always remember, link building helps in achieving high organic search rankings.
Now, the question that arises is how to get other sites to link you?
There can be numerous strategies:
Content creation and promotion
Create unique and high-quality content. Make sure it is user- friendly and always use simple languages as it attracts more people to your website. Using words with technical jargon confuses the person and the user feels bored to read that.
If your content contains the above characteristics then more people will share your website with other people and it will naturally grow.
Reviews and mentions
Put your products, service or sites in front of influencers in your industries, such as people or media with large or popular social media following. It will surely help to get traffic to your website.
Links from friends and partners
Ask your friends or the people you know to link your site. Remember that relevance matters: Try to ask those friends only who blog on the same niche as of yours.
Linking can be of different types such as:
These links are editorially given without any action on the part of a page owner. For example, a food blogger adding a link to a post that points towards their favorite produce farms is a natural link.
Manually built links are Created through deliberate Link Building activities. The Process of Manual Link Building is like requesting the influencers to create a Link of Yours or posting your Comment or article outside your Website.
The links that are created by practices such as adding a back link in an online directory, forum, blog comment signature or a press release with optimized anchor text.
All these types of links help to generate traffic to your website.
Webmasters are always trying to link their websites to get higher rankings through different types. So, let’s discuss about the list of top off-page SEO tools and off-page SEO strategies 2018.
List of top off page SEO technique
Now, it’s time to discuss each one of them in detail with their advantages and disadvantages:
Image Submission Site
Image Submission is a technique related to search engine optimization. Image Submission means choosing the correct image, correct format, correct format and correct image description.
Some of the popular Image Submission site list are :
Advantages and Disadvantages of Image Submission sites
- Image submission is a very good technique as because an image has more chances of reaching out to people. It attracts the customer far easier than any written content. Images have that much potential that it can go viral and thus it can promote your websites.
- Major disadvantages of image submission are that in a single image the message should be properly conveyed. People should get a clear idea of what the image is saying. Moreover, people nowadays are giving more preference to video in comparison to an image.
- For More Image Submission Site List Join Our Facebook Group
Article Submission is an important part of search engine optimization. If you want to promote your business you publish articles in different business articles and by this way you can gain customers attraction.
Some of the popular websites:
Pros and Cons Of Article Submission
- It is helpful in attracting traffic to your site over the course of time because when you publish good articles in business articles regularly then it might attract readers to visit your website.
- The demerits of article submission are that your article should a good one if it is of poor quality and if it contains a lot of mistakes then definitely create a negative impression.
Video sharing can generate more audience so it is one of the easiest ways of search engine optimization. It can reach to more audience than a normal post. If a video is attractive it can go viral and can generate more links to your website.
Some of the popular websites:
Positive and Negative aspects of Video Submission
- Video SEO can reach out to a larger audience in a short span of time. Nowadays people usually tend to learn from videos so it is the most convenient method to convey the message and to increase your link to your website.
- One of the major disadvantages of video SEO is that if the video is not creative or attractive then you cannot attract the customer to view your video.
PPT Submission is one of the best SEO methods to attract target customers and to generate inbound links. PowerPoint is an amalgamation of visual attraction and organized data. Some of the popular PPT Submission sites are
Benefits of PPT Submission
Through PPT Submission you can generate an inbound link and it can increase the visibility of your website. Users nowadays are more attracted towards the visual content so PPT can be a good source to attract users and generate backlinks.
Event posting means posting your event on different websites. Whenever you are conducting any workshop or meetup or whether you are launching a new product you can create an event and post it on event posting sites.
Some of the popular events posting websites are:
Advantages and Disadvantages of Event Posting
- Posting your events on these websites is one best way to attract the user. If it’s a properly marketed event or it’s an event of quality resource then it can grab the attention of media. This will help you to increase your brand value.
- If the event does not reach proper or target audience then the marketing of event is of no use. If you do host the event properly then it will create a negative impression among the user. This is also an embarrassing situation.
If you want your business to do well or rank higher in search engines then you must list your business to online directories. It increases the business visibility through online platform and increases business validity.
Pros and Cons of Business Listing
- The first and foremost advantages of Business Listing SEO are that if you put all the details that is address, contact number, business name, etc exactly same in all the directories then it will create a consistency. Google will use this detail and it will it will increase the authentication of your website.
- There is a risk of duplicity if the details are not provided correctly. The other major disadvantage is that you can only register your company if it is a limited company.
There are a number of online directories available where you can submit your link manually. If your link is registered in these directories search engine considered it as a proof of validation. It acts as a better source of validation to the search engine if your link is in some directories rather than in some other websites.
Some of the popular websites:
Positive and Negative aspects of Directory Submission
- The advantage of directory submission is that when your link is posted in some directories it easily identified by the search engine. Search engine spiders first crawl the web directories so if your link is registered in the web directories it could get easily recognizable.
- If directories submission is not done properly it can take the shape of spamming which is not good for your website. Sometimes directory submission can take a huge amount of time in registering your link.
This is a classified SEO technique. There are a number of job posting sites such as
When you post for a job vacancy in these sites and you get traffic through these sites then search engines rank higher your website.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Job Posting
- The advantages of the job posting are that whenever you search for any specification of job or any role then the search engine will automatically give you the result of some job posting sites and if your job description is given properly then people will visit your website through this job posting sites then it will increase your traffic.
- The major disadvantage of job posting is that you have give a proper description of the job role proper keywords should be used so that your job ads are shown above in the job portals.
Guest Posting means writing a post as a guest on another blogging site. The author of that website allows you to write a post in their website.
Pros and Cons of Guest Posting
- The advantage you get in guest posting is that when you post your article in other websites then at the end of your article you can create a hyperlink with some of your keywords this will help you create some link.
- One of the major disadvantages of guest blogging is that when you have written the quality post for a renowned website then that website will take all the praises for that article even after using your name in the article.
Forum Posting is best way to generate backlinks to your website. Posting on forum is an easy way to do and convenient. It helps in generating both traffic as well as backlinks.
Some of the popular websites are:
Advantages and Disadavntages of Forum Posting
- Posts on the forum get easily noticed by the search engines so it is an easy way to generate backlinks. You can easily get traffic to your website. If you will provide relevant and quality data to the forums then you can easily generate backlinks from these forums.
- Disadvantages of forum posting are that forum is open to all so it’s an open platform for spammers to spam the group. If there is a lot of spam then it will slow down the search engine
Let’s discuss some Off-page SEO activities which we usually do perform to promote our website.
Before Knowing the off page SEO activities, I would like to confirm you that it is a time-consuming process. You also have to create links like nobody can challenge it as SPAM. The content should be Unique everywhere.
Off-page SEO activities
- Social media marketing
- Social bookmarking
Social media marketing
Social media marketing helps to build off-page SEO as it is the process of gaining traffic or attention through social media sites. Websites can perform the same on different social media sites to generate a huge traffic.
Nowadays people publicize their brand through social media only. It is considered to be the best way to generate traffic.
Most popular social media sites are as follows:
Social bookmarking is a way for people to store, organize, search, and manage bookmarks of web pages. Users save the link to web pages that they like or want to share, using bookmarking sites to store these links. In simple words, bookmark means tagging a web page with a web-based tool so that you can easily access it later.
Instead of saving them to your web browser you are saving it to the web. And, because your bookmarks are online, you can easily access them anywhere you have an internet connection and share them with friends.
This is not very popular but still a good way to get traffic to your website. Depending upon your content you can find websites like:
delicious.com to promote your content.
Through this article, I have shared how to do off-page SEO. And, I would like to conclude that all the bloggers should not take much care of their off-page SEO. Although, they should highly engage themselves with other bloggers and website owners in order to increase their search engine ranking.
Last but not the least SEO is an approach which is going to pay you in your future by increasing your search engine ranking. In order to reach at the top, be patient and consistent.
You may also like: