What is search engine optimization (SEO)?
15 Points to do On Page Seo in WordPress
Before doing SEO for any website, first of all you know about what is SEO and why we need to do it? We will Get to Know about the same in 15 Points to do On Page Seo in WordPress
Seo stands for Search engine optimization, AS it is clear with the name that it is Optimisation of Search Engine.
Search Engine is the Portal where we Search for anything over the Internet. There are many Search engines Like Google, Bing, and Yahoo. In India Google plays the Biggest role.
Why we Need to Optimise the Search Engine?
SEO helps us to rank our website on a top position of a search result for the targeted keyword.
The main goal of SEO is to get more and more traffic on your website. This Helps you to sell your product and Services and also promote your business.
- The purpose of using search engine optimization is that nowadays over 90% people Search over the Google before Making any Purchase.
- This is a Free of cost marketing (not – paid).
- Long-term benefit for Your Business.
- Brand authority.
Before SEO of any website we understand, the main component of the search engine. If you understand this component then you do search engine optimization in a proper manner.
every search engine based on the following 5 internal component are:-
- Result page
- Spam fighting algorithms
With the help of crawler search engine collect the data from the internet (www).
The crawler is also called the name of Spider, Robot, and Bot.
Also if you want to know about the last crawl date of your site then we use,
cache: www.your website name.com
It divides the data depending on all information which comes from the world wide web into different segments and that segment is known as indexing process.
Also, there is one thing very important that is trash folder if your website contains fake information like violence, fake videos etc, along with if you do not follow google term and condition then Google will not index your page, it forwards the information in the trash folder.
Algorithms:- it plays a very-very important role in the inters search engine ranking.
Algorithms are nothing but there are very complex mathematical as well as programming base application.
They are like a system to arrange data, understand the data system to intern information according to the customer query.
There are Undisclosed Number of algorithms in google
Eg:- page rank, spelling check etc.
Page rank is an algorithm used by the Search Engine Google to measure the Authority of a Web page. Higher the page rank we get a better website.
Now we Have to Know about the On page Seo Process. As Discussed I am Going to Discuss 15 Points to do On Page Seo in WordPress.
Before Seo the Most Important factor which is the Soul of Seo is Keyword. If we Get the Correct Targeted Keyword for our webpage then We will Get the More Traffic. So let’s Understand what is Keyword research Process?
Keyword Research Process
Without keyword Research, we can’t SEO your website because it plays a very important role in search engine optimization, your SEO keywords help the people to visit your site via search engine.
Follow this process step by step through which you find correct keywords for any business:-
- Business analysis
- Product categories
- keywords data analysis
- keywords competition
What is on-page optimization SEO
on – page optimization help us to improve the site to get better ranking in the search engine. As it is Defined with the name that You are Doing the SEO Over the Web page. We have to take the Measure action on our Website/blog only to get it ranked over the Google. Lets come to know how to do onpage seo in WordPress.
15 Points to do on page Seo in WordPress
You can also use these as on-page optimization Checklist. Now we will elaborate all On Page sSEOstep by Step
- The domain name must be short and easy to remember to get better google ranking.
- One of the most onpage SEO factors is, an age of the domain it makes trust in a search engine.
- A new domain may take up to 3 months to rank in google due to sandbox effect.
Sandbox effect- when you crawl any website in the search engine before indexing it is store in a certain server is called sandbox effect
- It is advisable to use a .com domain extension if available otherwise choose a country based extension. It will help to do search engine optimization (Seo)
- Keyword-based domain ranks faster than others.
Eg:- if your business is event management and you make a website whose domain name is like bandana. com then it not good if you take www.bandanaevent .com than it is good because it tells about your business.
- Don’t use long tail keywords domain
- .edu, .gov, .in, .com etc rank fast in search engine
- Domain name with long registration can perform well
2. Page speed analysis
- Page speed is nothing but it is the amount of time taken by a site to load in the user browser.
- Generally, most of the user take a decision on First 10 sec on a site. So your website must be loaded within 3-4 seconds.
- Load time will also affect the ranking of a Website
Ther are some on-page SEO tools whether be able to know the speed of page:-
Factor for speed improvement
- Hosting server/ package
- Minimize the JS and CSS file
- Use the Minimum Number of Plugins
- Minify the codes
- Optimization of the mage( Image should use maximum 60kb it better for on- page Seo. )
3. URL optimization
URL:- URL stand for Uniform Research Locator with the help of URL we identified any page on the website.
In the other word, we have to say that each page has some name and that name is nothing but URL.
There are two types of URL:-
- This is also called SEO friendly URL
- We always try to mention the URL in simple keywords. Due to using simple keywords, it is easy to run in a search engine.
- Always try to use static URL.
2. Dynamic URL:-
- In this URL the name is mentioned with parameters and values
Eg:- http://www.amozon.in/book/b/ref=all cat _books_all_ie=utE & node=5487527755/
How to optimize URL
- Use target keywords in URL
Each and every page you target one keyword that keywords must be the main target word of URL.
Eg:- if your target keyword is decoration than we have established the keyword in the form
Of, www.bandanaevent. com/decoration/
- Always separate the keywords with hyphen(-) symbol
Eg:- www.abc. com/iphone-6/
- Don’t take multiple levels in URL. If you take multiple levels in URL then it brings decrease your link.
Eg:- www.abc. com/iphone-6/
- Don’t use a capital letter in URL.
If we use capital letter then our server will be confused because it does not understand capital letters.
4. Meta tags
It helps us to define the information on search engine through which when anyone comes in the search engine and reads the meta tags information then the only thing to click on that website.
There are 3 types of meta tags:-
Guidelines for meta description
- With the help of meta description, you have to show the summary of a page in search engine result.
- The limit is 155 character, you want to increase the character if required
- It is very important to use targets keywords in the meta descriptions
- We try to write unique selling point in the description
- It must end with a good call to action. Like, take the free demo, phone no. , buy now etc.
- Whatever the keywords you are planning to rank the website page then it is very necessary to include that keyword in the meta description. Therefore, that including keywords known as meta keywords.
- If you write any content for your website it is mandatory to use unique content otherwise you do not get ranking in search engine result.
- Minimum 300 words it required.
5. Keywords frequency/Density
- A Keywords frequency:- it defines the number of keywords is repeated in your content including title tag, meta description, URL etc.
- The Keywords density:- it defines the % of the keywords in the content.
Eg:– if you write 100 words in content and use 4 keywords then your keywords density will be 4%
- The keywords density of the page can be between 1% to 4% of the article length.
- There is also onpage SEO tool through which you have to find the keywords density
Seo quake keywords Density checker
6. Heading optimization
- Heading are used to give the headline to any post. We use this tags according to your content.
- Every page must have at least one H1 tag.
- Multiple H2 and H3 can be used in the page.
7. Image optimization
Image optimization is one of the best ways to rank your site in google search engine because if you explain any topic and you use images related to your topic then it is easy to understand for everyone also important things is that image optimization is also full fill the condition of google.
- Use at least one image in every page.
- Try to Use the name of the image as target keywords
- Must Use alt attribute with keyword
<imgsrc = “” alt = “keyword”/>
8. Title tag
A Title tag based on HTML element that shows the title of a web page. The title tag is displayed on search engine result page and it defines the information about Title of the content page. So we must try to use title tag as related to our content page accurately.
- The title tag code sample
<title>15 point to do onpage seo in wordpress</title>
- Uae 50-60 character on title tag
9. Always use SSL certificate
- Google and other Search Engine give preference to the website those are using SSL ( https). It will Help you in ranking as well and this is the big factor of On Page Seo.
- SSL will protect your important information on the website. It works as a backbone of the secure internet.
- An SSL certificate will increase your customer satisfaction or trust.
- You can purchase SSL from many hosting companies and few of them like cloud flare and lets encrypt Provide the same for free.
10. Internal links
An internal link is the links through which you go one page to another page one by one in easy ways. Also, one important thing is that when Google comes for crawling your website then an easy way they crawl your website and update your site, it also makes your site SEO friendly.
The sitemap is a file which has provided access to all the link in the website.
In other words, with the help of sitemaps, we collect all the pages in one due to this Google crawl all the pages in an easy way.
Types of sites maps:-
- HTML sitemaps for users.
- XML sitemaps for search engine
- In WordPress, sitemaps are generated by Yoast SEO
12. Robots. txt
Robots text is one of the best strategies for website owner they use Robots text file to give the instruction the web Robots, which page run on the search engine results and which page is not run on the search engine.
Eg:- if you make a website of 7 pages and you want to run only 6 pages because left one page is privet for you. At that time owner of the website uses Robots text file.
How to use Robots.txt file
User-agent* (* symbol means we say all the search engine to index)
Allow:/ _________ (Blank space means allow every page for index)
Disallow:/private/ (it means we disallow private page to index)
13.Website design and user experience
- Design of Your Website must Signify your Business
- Mobile Responsiveness is Most Important Factor of SEO
- What is the loading time of the site
- Is the site consist of flash/image
- Call to Action Must be Placed on the most Visible Area of Your Website
14. Content quality for ON Page Seo
- Your Content must Provide Valuable Input to the User.
- Copied Content is a Crime for Your WebPage, so Use the Unique Content only
- Is the content targeting your Main keywords
- Is it over optimized for search engine
- What is the density of keywords
15. Canonical link
If you have a different number of pages or Different URL with the same content, then Google treat as a duplicate version of the same pages.
You will Get penalized for the duplicate content. Therefore You have to set a redirect Link.
After seeing that Google will select one URL as like canonical version and left URLs to consider duplicate. Which URL is selected by Google they crawl them and which are not selected they crawl less often.
So above were the 15 Points to do on Page Seo in WordPress. If You have any query or Suggestions then comment Below to Get the Revert.